Friday, January 9, 2009

First Post

Hallo to anyone who might be reading! For a quick intro, I'm Fala Lee, and I am, what I like to call a transitioning vegan. This essentially means I'm very much wanting to eliminate animal products from my diet (no meat, no milk, no butter, no cheese, no yoghurt, no honey, et cetera). I'm also a health nut and a picky eater with a sweet tooth and an unusual food allergy or two. So yes, this shall prove interesting.

To date, it has been three years since I last had milk, chicken, beef, or pork and a year since I last ate fish. I gave up eggs, cheese and butter this past summer. i still have a weakness for chocolate, however, which I can't seem to shake just yet ^_^; And yer, my resolve will fail in the face of the occassional biscuit or slice of pie. Still working on that.

At any rate, by the end of this year, I should like to be completely vegan and to have reached that goal in a healthy way. Contrary to popular idiocy, it is, indeed possible to get all of the protein, iron and calcium you need in life without turning to animal kingdom. So yes, I shall do my homework and post what I learn here. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment